Master’s in Artificial Intelligence Online
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been getting a lot of traction these days for the many innovations being made based on it. Learn Artificial Intelligence to explore and create programs, which learn to make independent decisions, reason the data, and communicate with humans. You can have a thriving career if you pursue a Master’s in Artificial Intelligence because across the industries, the technology is being adopted and is extensively looking for candidates who have pursued MS in Artificial Intelligence. The in-depth technical knowledge you possess while training in Masters in Artificial Intelligence Online caters you leverage of attaining unique and viable career opportunities in almost every industry. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, both the private and public sectors are stimulated by the new wave of technological developments that are intertwined with digitization, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Automation creating career opportunities. The individuals are significantly high in demand. According to PayScale, the average salary of Machine Learning Engineer with AI skills is between $73k – $179k.
Featured Online Programs
Best Master’s in Artificial Intelligence Online
While you choose for the Best universities for AI masters, there are varied factors that are needed to take into consideration, such as the courses offered, duration of the program, research areas, focus of the research, awards, job prospects, and so on. Many best graduate schools for artificial intelligence offer you courses that are tailored as per the current requirement and knowledge needs of the student.
A Master’s degree in AI and machine learning online is for students who find it challenging to go to graduate schools and learn the subject. Below is the list of best programs that give the flexibility you need.Link to this Page
|College Name & Address||Tuition||Graduation Rate|
Steven Institute of Technology
Castle Point On Hudson, Hoboken, New Jersey 07030
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N Charles St, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
Colorado State University
102 Administration Building, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523-0100
One University Parkway, Romeoville, Illinois 60446
3141 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Illinois Institute of Technology
10 West 35th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60616
University Of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
601 E John Street, Champaign, Illinois 61820
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Ave, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33314
1 E Jackson Blvd, Chicago, Illinois 60604
1069 East Meadow Cr, Palo Alto, California 94303
Source – Integrated Post Secondary Education Data System & University Data
*Tuition rates are for in-state and per year. Program specific rates may apply.
**NA – data not available
Other Important Non-Degree Artificial Intelligence Courses
|Institution Name||Program Name|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy|
|NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute||Hands-on training in Artificial Intelligence|
|Columbia University||MicroMasters Program in Artificial Intelligence via edX|
|Stanford University||Artificial Intelligence Graduate Certificate|
Understanding Master’s in Artificial Intelligence Online Programs
AI’s degree online is intended to offer an in-depth understanding of technology and how you can apply the logic to create artificial intelligence. There are chances that you may delve into subjects related to engineering and robotics, while the course also gives a chance to explore the logical principles, programming, and intelligence. While you learn AI’s degree online, you would be imparted with thorough knowledge on the aspects of machine learning. During the online course, you will also be taught how to create and program projects for the AI field.
Degree types for Masters in Artificial Intelligence
fter a bachelor’s degree, Master’s in Artificial Intelligence will be a postgraduate degree in the area of study. The degree is a collaborative branch of science that imparts knowledge to you about using programming, mechanical apparatuses, and sensory proxies, which earlier was achievable only by people. Based on your program, your degree will have specializations on varied topics. The one and core degree type available for Masters in Artificial Intelligence is a Masters of Science (MS). Here is a brief about this degree:
Masters of Science (MS): The advancement and growth of AI are extensive wherein the systems can reason and respond to complex situations. Masters in Science (MS) serves this purpose of creating new AI systems and imbibe the knowledge and understanding of human environments where these machines/systems can be deployed.
Specializations and Branches for an Masters in Artificial Intelligence Degree
If you are interested in creating computer programs that can allow you to make decisions, reason the data, and communicate with humans. You have chosen the right degree – Masters in Artificial Intelligence. Being a multi-disciplinary area of study, many specializations that can be chosen as a combination along with AI. For example, the most happening and high in demand combination is AI and Machine Learning (ML), AI, and Robotics. Usually, Machine Learning and Robotics are taught as single subjects/specializations. But while pursuing an AI degree, it is best to go with a combined specialization for more magnitude to your skill. Here is a snippet about the combination of AI with ML and Robotics.
Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
New concepts like artificial life with robotics, neural computation, and machine learning, and all the concepts of AI.
Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
A degree in AI and ML gives you a chance to learn and explore fields like fundamental Mathematics, aspects of structural and modern Machine learning, foundational and in-depth concepts of AI, and more.
Skills Gained in Master’s in Artificial Intelligence Programs
Artificial Intelligence, a highly scientific course. You should be able to mimic the human brain using machines to resolve severe problems. There are many skills required to pursue AI as your career, but for all these, the common thing is dedication, training, and focus. Other than these, the coursework and experience required to learn Artificial intelligence are related to Mathematics and science-related topics.
- In Mathematics, you would be required to have an understanding of statistics, probability, predictions, calculus, algebra, Bayesian algorithms, and logic
- For science, you need to be adept with its related topics like language processing, physics, mechanics, and cognitive learning theory
- As AI is related to machine and its functionality, a program in Computer science that includes topics like data structures, programming, logic, and efficiency will help in a great way to pursue and gains skills in AI.
Top Artificial Intelligence courses also recommend knowing technologies like Map-Reduce, PHP, MySQL, Postgres, and Big Data to make a thriving career. Along with this, you will gain a practical analysis of systems, monitor and control development projects, creative thinking, coding, algorithm design, and many more. These skills are not acquired with the Artificial Intelligence course alone. The degree combined with Machine learning or Robotics enhances your skills and career options.
Accreditation for Master’s in Artificial Intelligence Programs
Scouting for the right program, college, or university is a challenge. Also, many factors that determine if you can afford the course offered and the authentication or accreditation of the university or college.
If a university has the accreditation, then your search is lessened, as the degree programs offered will be adhering to the learning standards. Learn more about accreditation.
While speaking about accreditation – there is regional and national. And, each program has its own set of accrediting agencies that give the university or school accreditation based on many metrics. Here are some of the institutions that accredit Masters in AI Programs:
- Artificial Intelligence Board of America (ARTiBA): ARTiBA accreditation is a flagship agency that helps universities, colleges, programs to reach benchmark quality in learning, teaching, and researching Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- ABET: ABET ensures to accredit programs that meet the quality standards of the profession for which that program prepares graduates.
Master’s in Artificial Intelligence Online Programs Admission Requirements
Artificial Intelligence is leading its way into the future by conglomerating with subjects like Machine Learning, Robotics, Big data, and more. Irrespective of a student or a professional, you can be part of the journey and enroll for a master’s program in Artificial Intelligence, you would require the following:
- Official transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate courses
- Application form and fees
- GRE scores
- Transcripts form undergraduate degrees
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Free Masters in Artificial Intelligence
Demand for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is hugely outdoing the supply of skills. However, there are no accredited free masters in Artificial Intelligence. But there are some free courses by reputable institutions allowing students to refer to their past lectures and gain the required knowledge. You will not get a master’s degree in Artificial intelligence along with Machine Learning, but you will have skills on par with the online students. Here is a list of sources that offer the best free artificial intelligence course if you are inclined toward learning this new skill and enhancing your career prospects.
- MIT OpenCourseWare – Artificial Intelligence
- Stanford University – Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Machine Learning
- Google Free AI training – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning course
- Columbia University (via EdX) – Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Masters in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
If you want your core to be strong in the field of Artificial Intelligence, then a Master’s in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is the combination you should elect. During the course, you will be provided with foundational skills and in-depth knowledge regarding AI, machine learning, computer science, and software development. Before enrolling for this course, you sure might be possessing technical insight to understand the weightage this program can bring to enhance skills and build a thriving career.
Online Master’s in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence covers a broad range of topics. It includes programming, software development, artificial intelligence, data science, applied artificial intelligence and machine learning, and many domain-specific applications that allows you to explore each discipline and apply to real-time working experience.
Here are a couple of universities that offer a combination of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Drexel University: Drexel University offers a Master of Science (MS) in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Program that is 100% online.
Sofia University: Sofia University offers an MS in Computer Science with a concentration of Artificial Intelligence – Machine Learning that is a hybrid program.
Colorado State University: CSU offers an MS in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning that is 100% online.
Masters in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
Master’s in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence aims to provide you the understanding and skill to design and implement artificial intelligent and robotic system concepts. They are taught about the interdisciplinary skills that are vital to managing intricate projects and their influence on society. During the program, you will learn to multi-faceted concepts that involve: design and development of advanced knowledge-based and multi-agent software systems, robotic systems, computer animation systems, video systems, and many more. Knowledge about these concepts helps you to foray into different industries as you would possess the skills related to services and industrial applications, safety and security, space, entertainment sector, environmental, surveillance, research and development for technology companies, etc.
A Master’s in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, allows you to plan, supervise, design, implement, and do multi-functional steps across different sectors through interdisciplinary teams. Many universities, as part of the curriculum, have he advanced concepts of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence as a combined subject. Below is the list of those universities:
Sofia University: Sofia University offers an MS in Computer Science with a concentration of Artificial Intelligence – Robotics/Drone Computing that is a hybrid program.
Lewis University: Lewis University offers an MS in Computer Science with a concentration of Artificial Intelligence that contains several courses related to Robotics and the program is fully online.
How to Pay for Master’s in Artificial Intelligence Online?
AI and Machine Learning are at the forefront of technologies and learning requirements. Some universities offer online programs for the convenience of the students or professionals who are looking to enhance their skills. Many universities design their programs in a way that education is affordable and accessible to everyone. They ensure that there is enough information access and also payment options like Employer reimbursed tuition, student loans, fellowships, grants, financial aids, and more. Read the best financial-aid guide to find out about about financial aid and eligibility criteria every student should know.
Scholarships for AI Students
Many enthusiasts are out there keen for options that would ease their pursuit of knowledge in the happening skillset – Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Scholarships are the channel that helps a passionate and deserving student to enroll for the Master’s program. Below are some scholarships for students pursuing Artificial Intelligence degrees:
- Simplr Artificial Intelligence and Technology Scholarship: Simplr is an organization that provides e-commerce companies with customer service services. Simplr would like to support and encourage students in technical fields by providing a scholarship for that are attending an undergraduate or a graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Technology. Students should write an essay regarding Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning or The Internet of Things (IoT) or BlockChain Technology.Award Amount: $7,5000 Deadline: Varies
- LogMeIn Bold 360 Artificial Intelligence Scholarship: LogMeIn is a company that has developed many customer products that keep people connected through various tools and software. LogMeIn has also developed a product called Bold360, which is an AI-powered engagement platform. LogMeIn in believes in education and administers an AI scholarship. Students that are a high school senior or currently enrolled in college or university are eligible to apply. Award Amount: $6,000 Deadline: May 15
- Intel Edge AI Scholarship Program: Udacity, in partnership with Intel, administers a scholarship program to expand students’ AI skills. The Intel Edge AI Scholarship Program will empower professional developers interested in advanced learning in deep learning and computer vision. The winners of the scholarship will get exclusive access to the IoT Developers NanoDegree fundamental program. In the second phase, students get to join the full Intel Edge AI for the IoT Developers Nanodegree program. Award Amount: Varies Deadline: Dec 10
- Masery STEM Scholarship: Masery provides computer network and cloud platform solutions to many clients around the world. Masery administers a scholarship for STEM students to help them make a difference in the world with STEM education and solutions. Eligibility includes that the students attend undergraduate or graduate degrees in STEM areas, show creativity in STEM scholarship submission video. Award Amount: $5,000 Deadline: Dec 15
Careers and Salary Outlook for Master’s in Artificial Intelligence Online Graduates
Artificial Intelligence is transforming expertise that is proving efficient and leveraging the productivity of many sectors. The demand for the skill is higher than the supply of talent. According to “The Future of Jobs 2018” report by the World Economic Forum, foresees a 58 million new jobs in Artificial Intelligence by 2023.
Many companies are extensively adapting to the concepts of AI and Machine Learning for better productivity and efficiency. While looking for the business to grow, they are actively searching for expertise in the same area. Some of the top respondents for these talents are Apple Computer Inc., Accenture and PricewaterhouseCoopers, J.P. Morgan Chase &Co., and more. According to PayScale, here is the list of jobs, their responsibilities, and average salaries.
|Occupation||Average Annual Salary||Job Description|
|Machine Learning Engineer||$111,855||Building and managing programs for machine learning projects|
|Data Scientist||$120,931||Collect, analyze, and interpret large complex datasets by leveraging both machine learning and predictive analytics|
|Business Intelligence Developer||$95,985||Analyze complex datasets to identify business and market trends|
|Big Data Engineer||$125,000||Big Data Engineers use large sizes of data and process the data to find trends. They use parallel computing across distributed systems to process the data that is very big.|
|AI Research Scientist||$77,173||AI Research scientists use their in-depth AI knowledge to create computer perception systems, graphical models and set up natural language processing systems.|
Certifications and Licensing for Artificial Intelligence Graduates
A formal attestation that your skills are on par on to the requirement can be indicated through Certification. Whereas licensing is a permit received from an authorized agency/source informing that you are eligible to use your skillset for your career prospects or other’s benefit. Either of it gives you the authority to put your expertise to good use. Some agencies offer AI certification and licensing for the same. Here is a list of best AI certification and licensing for AI.
- Professional Certificate Program in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: This Certification by MIT trains you with the best AI and ML knowledge and prepares you with both academic and real-time proficiency, to perform better in your organization.
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer Certification: For all the career aspirants in AI, this Certification by Artificial Intelligence Board of America (ARTiBA) gives a complete AI curriculum.
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence: The graduate certification provided by GW Business School helps you in acquiring foundational knowledge on AI, machine learning, deep learning, and embedded systems. It prepares you to apply the gained skill in the AI’s business application that includes the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Google AI Certificate: Google provides the developers or coders or ML practitioners an authorized certification in AI that helps you in developing your current skills and prepare advanced projects.
- Responsible AI Licenses (RAIL): The licenses provided by RAIL for the developers who are interested in using the AI technology for an accountable purpose. The licensee is equipped with a source-code and end-user license that they can use in their AI software and restrict the use
Additional Resources for Artificial Intelligence Professionals
Having peers to discuss and discover new things in the same field is quite inspiring for anyone. You always search for likeminded groups or individuals who can understand your skill’s language and equally reciprocate with the same or a better idea. To keep everyone in tandem with the changes happening in the AI field, amendments, or any information can be put in a shared forum or platforms like Associations/Communities/Conferences/Exhibitions, etc. Here are some of these that give AI and its related field professionals a forum to share or discuss ideas.
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI): AAAI aims to promote research in, and responsible use of, artificial intelligence. AAAI also aims to increase public understanding of artificial intelligence, improve the teaching and training of AI practitioners, and provide guidance for research planners and funders concerning the importance and potential of current AI developments and future directions
- Partnership on AI: Partnership on AI conducts research, organizes discussions, shares insights, provides thought leadership, consults with relevant third parties, responds to questions from the public and media, and creates educational material that advances the understanding of AI technologies including machine perception, learning, and automated reasoning.
- Artificial Intelligence Associations: AUAI The Association for Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (AUAI) is a non-profit organization focused on organizing the annual Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI) and, more generally, on promoting research in pursuit of advances in knowledge representation, learning, and reasoning under uncertainty.
- Security Industry Association (SIA): SIA supports non-regulatory approaches that encourage AI research and development and allow security professionals to harness new capabilities that make security and life safety systems more effective.