What is the average salary with a master’s degree?
Many students ask about the average salary with a master’s degree. Read this student guide from Online Masters Colleges (OMC) that provides the answer for this question.
Q. What is the average salary with a master’s degree?
A. The average salary of an individual with a master’s degree varies based on several factors.
Featured Online Programs
Q. What is the average salary with a master’s degree? – Details
A. The answer to this question is highly subjective. Salaries vary widely depending on the field of study, the job position, the candidate’s work experience, and the geographical location. In general, people with advanced degrees, such as master’s, tend to earn higher salaries than those with only an undergraduate degree. However, many other factors affect pay, so it is difficult to determine the exact average salary of those having a master’s degree. There are also a few instances where a master’s and bachelor’s degree holder’s salaries are almost similar.
Nevertheless, as an indicator, here is a list of popular master’s degrees and their average salary compared to bachelor’s degrees:
|Degree/Major||Bachelor’s Average Starting Salary||Master’s Average Starting Salary||Differential %|
|Human Resource Management||$47,860||$68,272||43|
|Management Information Systems||$62,429||$82,555||32|
|Special Education & Teaching||$41,772||$52,105||25|
Find Online Masters By Subject
- Accelerated MBA Programs
- Affordable MBA Programs
- Business Analytics
- Construction Management
- Digital Marketing
- Executive MBA
- Finance Hub
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources
- Marketing Hub
- Master’s in Leadership Online
- Masters in Econometrics Online
- MBA Entrepreneurship Online
- MBA Finance Online
- MBA Healthcare Online
- MBA Hub
- MBA Human Resources Online
- MBA International Business
- MBA Marketing Online
- MBA No GMAT
- MBA Nonprofit Management
- MBA Project Management
- MBA Supply Chain Management
- MS Supply Chain Management
- One Year Online MBA
- Online Master’s in Advertising
- Organizational Leadership
- Project Management
- Real Estate
- Social Media Marketing
- Sports Management
Here are a few additional resources that are directly or indirectly related to the question answered here:
- Why Online Masters -Learn about the advantages and benefits of an online master’s program and everything you need to know about this mode of lesson delivery.
- Master of Arts vs. Master of Science – Are you confused about which type of degree is better – the MA or the MS? Explore the differences and similarities of MA vs. MS and find the right one for you.
- Online College Courses – This comprehensive guide walks you through all aspects of online college courses and the many options they offer.
- Cost of Masters – Find out how much a master’s degree costs and understand the cost of online masters vs. traditional masters to help you decide which is best for you.
- Best Guide to Financial Aid – If the cost of a master’s degree seems high, explore the best ways to pay for college and the steps you need to take to be eligible for financial aid.